Monday, June 14, 2010

Busy, busy!

Well, it's been some time since my last blog, but my excuse is, I've been a bit busy! Apart from running my art classes I've just taken down what was my first one man show in around 30 years. It was a great success, lots of people and I sold a few as well,... always a bonus. See photo below.


Apart from that I've been painting and painting, also trying to get involved in some children's book illustration, something I've always wanted to do.
I've put in four new images, the first of which is called "Embrace" I've kept the colour pallet very simple, hopefully adding to the misty quality of the picture. It was painted for Vikki North's Art Challenge web site. Go and check it out, tons of art work, places to leave comments, pictures to buy. The theme was Embrace, hence the name of the painting.

"Embrace"

The next three are from another one of Vikki's art challenges. (The link is below) This theme was "A Midsummer Night's Dream".

"The Fairy Queen"

"Puck the Spell-breaker"

"Titania, Spellbound"

If you would like to buy a painting, please visit www.aartvark.eu lots more to see.
Try and visit "The Artist Challenge" for lots more art and a bit of fun; themed galleries, art for sale. A private art club for artists, art patrons and foolhardy souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment